Saturday, February 26, 2011

Video of the original Googleplex

About a week after I started working at Google in November, 1999, I brought my new digital videocamera to the office. Most of the footage includes the people working there at the time, and I want to clear it with them before posting it online. This clip however, just shows the almost empty Googleplex "annex," the overflow space assigned to marketing and business development once the engineers occupied the other half of the floor.

As you can see, there wasn't much "there" there, other than a disco ball left by a prior tenant. My office is the one shown at the end. It didn't take long for all the space to be filled with cubes and people and pets and scooters, but for a while, we had ample room for garbage can bowling and nerf wars.

No comments: